BDS PKG STARTS FROM 11LAKHs
In India, training in dentistry is through a 5 year BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) course, which includes 4 years of study followed by one year of internship. As of 2010, there were a total of 291 colleges (39 run by the government and 252 in the private sector) offering dental education. This amounts to an annual intake of 23,690 graduates.
Post graduate training is for three years in the concerned speciality. Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) is offered in the following subjects -
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology
- Community Dentistry
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Oral Medicine Diagnosis and Radiology.
Dental education in India is regulated by the Dental Council of India.