MBBS in Nepal
In Nepal, duration of MBBS in Nepal is of five and half years. First four and half years are dedicated to theoretical study of basics of medical sciences, and clinical study. In the last one year students have to go through internship programs in clinics of hospitals of the college or university. This course also has scope of elective study and also offers options of placement on completing the course.
Nepal has been receiving much attention from international students who are looking to pursue MBBS abroad. There are several medical colleges in Nepal that are fully equipped with all the required facilities to teach and share information concerning the medical studies. The medical colleges in Nepal have excellent infrastructure and state-of-the-art facilities. The duration of MBBS course in Nepal is just like in India. In Nepal, MBBS course duration is five and half years. The first four and half years of MBBS course are dedicated to theoretical study of Basic Sciences and Clinical sciences, and one year of internship. After completing MBBS course successfully, medical students are warded Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) degree.
Nepal is a preferred location, especially for Indian students owing to a number of reasons. The quality education provided by these institutes, competitive fee structure, and less complicated documentation are among few reasons, for Indian students choosing this country for higher education. Moreover the food habits, culture and lifestyle is matched to a great deal with that of India. Unlike other countries, you do not require any Visa to study in this country. Many of the colleges are approved by the Medical Council of India and even curriculum of MBBS course is similar to that followed in Indian counterparts. Being an English and Hindi speaking region, Indian students find it easy to communicate with the people of this country.Universities
Many universities and colleges of the country are approved by MCI. Few reputed medical institutes are Kathmandu University, Tribhuvan University, Patan Academy of Health Sciences and B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences. These universities have different medical colleges under them that provide MBBS course to students. Based on the merit, these universities select students for medical courses. Few colleges also provide scholarships to students.
- B.P.Koirala Institute of Health Science, Dharan, Nepal
- Chitwan School of medicine sciences, Chitwan, Nepal
- College of Medical Scieces, Chitwan, Nepal
- Gandaki medical College, Pokhara, Nepal
- Institute of Medicine (IOM) Maharajganj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Janki medical College, Dhanusha, Nepal
- Kathmandu Medical College, Sinamangal, Kathmandu, Nepal
- KIST Medical College ,Imadol, Lalitpur, Nepal
- KUSMS, Dhulikhel, Nepal
- Lumbani Medical College, Palpa, Nepal
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara, Nepal
- National Medical College, Birgunj, Nepal
- Nepalgunj Medical College, Nepalgunj, Nepal
- Nepal Medical College, Jorpati, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Patan Academy of Helath Sciences, Patan, Lalitpur, Nepal
- Universal College of Medical Science, Bhairahwa, Nepal